Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Fun Week

This week has been a pretty fun week for our family. First, let me give a little bit of background. When Katie, Adella, Kayla, and my mom got down here, I was showing them around our new house. Katie noticed that there was a nest in our front garden area with eggs in it. At first Adella was convinced that they were alligator eggs and that we would have pet alligators when they hatched. It turns out that they are Muscovy ducks, they are all over down here. Well, we didn't think they were going to hatch because we never saw the mother duck for about the first week we were here. I looked online to see how long it would be before they hatched. We figured that if they were laid the day we noticed them they should have hatched on September 1st or 2nd. Well, those days came and no hatching. We had given up hope that they would hatch. When I got home from school on Monday, Adella was so excited to show me the new ducks! Five of the six eggs hatched. It's been really fun for us to watch them from our kitchen window.

I'm not sure why I didn't tell about this next thing last week, maybe I was still in too much pain (just wait, I'll get to that part). We went to the beach on Labor Day. It was actually the day that Hurricane Hanna was out to sea just east of us. That made the waves pretty big. It was so much fun. We are always very good about putting sunscreen on, especially on the girls. Well, Katie totally forgot to put sunscreen on, and I asked Katie to spray my back (we have that cool spray on kind). Well, neither of us thought about rubbing it in. We never really have before, but it was a lot windier than it usually is, so I think the mist that would have normally stuck on my back got blown away. The only part that was protected was where the spray went directly on. I guess this picture will show you what I mean. This is also good proof that sunscreen does work (when properly applied)!

We got to feed the missionaries last night. That is something that we rarely got to do in Idaho because the missionaries covered three or four wards. Well, Katie and I were in the kitchen getting dinner ready and I was kind of teasing Katie. I guess it sounded to Adella like we were arguing because she came in and said, "Guys, guys, settle down guys." We stopped talking because that was pretty funny by itself. Then she said, "Let's talk nice to each other." She is such a funny girl. Sorry, I don't have any pictures to go along with that story, so I'll just put up a couple of the cutest girls ever!




Adella really wanted to help make the chili, so I wasn't going to argue. She also put this tiara on Kayla.

That reminds me that Kayla is very close to crawling. She has been scooting around on her belly for a while now. Yesterday she almost started crawling a couple times. It won't be long now. I'm not sure we're ready for this. I guess I'll let you know how things progress next week!














1 comment:

C & K said...

I loved it! Your daughters seem like so much fun. I bet it's hard to study with them around. I miss hanging around you guys. We will definately have to try to see you guys while you are down there.

Thanks for the update on your lives. I thoroughly enjoy it.