Sunday, September 7, 2008

My First Blog

So, this is my first ever blog! Now that I have it started, I don't know what to write. I guess I will tell a little about me and my family. Katie and I have been married for five years next month! We have two beautiful little girls. Adella is three and a half, and Kayla is seven months.
We moved to Florida about a month ago so that I could start Optometry School. We love being close to the beach. It takes us about 15 minutes to drive there. We don't love the humidity, but I guess you have to take the good with the bad. I have heard that the humididty will go away in a few months, then it will be perfect for about six months. We are looking forward to that!



This is at the beach we like to go to. You can see how far out you can go without it getting very deep. Kayla likes when we take her down to the water, and Adella loves to play in the sand (she is usually covered by the time we are ready to go.




Adella got some salty water in her mouth so she kept spitting. I guess I need to teach her how to spit without getting it all on her chin.

Normally the waves are small like the ones in the pictures, but the last time we went was when Hurricane Hanna was out east of us, so there were big waves. We mostly stayed close to shore.

We are happy that Hurrican Ike looks like it will go south of us. For a while they kept saying that it would go right over us and be a category four (yikes)! Now they say that it will (probably) go over Cuba instead and be a category one.

Now that I have told all about the hurricanes, and the "wonderful" heat and humidity, we want everyone to know that we always want visitors. Consider this your invitation. We do miss being so close to everyone and look forward to visits.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi, Nathan! It's great to see a blog on your family. Sherry keeps one also (sherrydilworth.blogspot.com). We live 1 1/2 miles away from them but I still check it out almost every day to see if there's something new. Glad to hear you escaped the wrath of Ike without having to leave your home.

C & K said...

Welcome to blogging. It's a wonderful past time, you get to write about hardly anything and everyone reads it! I know I will. :)

Maria "Lil'leth" Coon said...

Sooo cool. Thanks for sharing. We think about you guys often.