Sunday, October 12, 2008

Katie's haircut

I think everyone probably already knows that I cut Katie's hair this week. She has been telling me that she wanted it short again, so I finally gave in. In the past, she has donated her hair to Locks of Love. They need at least 10 inches. That is actually how much we cut off. When we measured it, it looked like about the right length. Well, I guess I cut it a little higher than we planned. She can't get it into a pony tail, and that is what she really wanted to be able to do. I still think it looks cute. Here is a picture to prove my point. The other thing we did this week was buy a new couch. After we paid for it, we realized that it was the first piece of furniture we had purchased (other than a $10 bookshelf). We left our old breaking down couch in Idaho, so we needed something. Well, we checked craigslist, but they were just as expensive as new, but they were used. The one we got folds out into a bed that is surprisingly not uncomfortable. We were just going to get a futon, but since it will be used as a couch more than a bed, we wanted it to be comfortable to sit on. We are really excited for my parents to visit in about two weeks! And now they have a place to sleep! That also goes for anyone who wants to visit us, we now have a place for you to sleep.

School is going pretty well. I am still not loving all the science classes, but I guess it's a necessary evil. We got our schedules for next semester. It looks like some of the classes will be more geared toward optometry, which will be nice. There are a couple of days that I will have class in the morning (8:00), then not again until the afternoon (3:00). I originally wasn't thrilled about that, but then I realized that those are built-in study times. We are really glad that we are in the extended program (5 years instead of 4). The traditional program is in class from 8 to 5 almost every day. I don't know when they will have time to study. I will be able to study all day at school, then come home and be able to spend time with my family. It's great!

I guess it snowed in Boise a couple days ago. That is crazy! I was just telling someone that it doesn't snow until mid to late November. It is still really hot here. The day that it snowed there, it was 90 degrees here! This is not a picture from that day, but it could have been. This is in the pool at our complex. We had decided that if we didn't go home for Christmas that we would go to the beach for part of Christmas day. Wouldn't that be a fun memory? Adella and Kayla both love the beach and pool so much. Kayla will just splash the water and think it's the coolest thing ever. It's cute. Adella will even go under the water (at the pool) by herself. She is still a little nervous about going into the ocean without Katie or me holding her (which is fine with us).
Well, I better get going. I'm going to give the grill another try. I don't see any rain clouds, so I don't think I'll get poured on like last time. Until next week.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Great blog! See, people read your blog! :)

Cody and Breanna Eaton said...

Wow, I have to say we are thoroughly impressed at how decked out for Halloween your blog is haha! Katie's haircut looks great and yes, it did snow it Boise last week. You are so lucky to still be enjoying warm weather!