Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Can't Believe It's October!

Time seems to go by faster all the time. Katie was asking Adella what she wanted to be for Halloween a little while ago and I was wondering why she was asking her so early. She also asked me when we were going to get out the Halloween decorations. I wasn't sure why she was wanting them out so early. That was only a few days ago. Then I realized that Halloween is less than a month away! Of coarse Adella keeps changing her mind, so who knows what she will be. I don't know if I will be able to persuade her as easily this year. Last year she was a "princess fairy" or something like that. This is a cute video from when Katie put her costume on her. I think she was a little bit excited about going Trick-or-Treating. I can't believe how much she's changed in just a year!!!


It was our anniversary on Friday. We didn't really get to go out, but we still had a lot of fun. I had made a bunch of little "love notes" and put them up around the house before she got up. We went to the library after I got home from school. That may sound lame, but if you know Katie very well, that was a great thing to do. She absolutely loves going to the library. I think I scored some brownie points with that. I have been wanting Katie to start her own blog since I started this one. That was her present to me, that she started her own blog. The website for hers is http://www.thejamesjourney.blogspot.com/ Everyone should go look at it. I think more people already look at hers than look at mine. I told her she would be great at it.

Obviously I changed the background of my blog. Katie figured out how to add music (I'm sure you noticed that already) and she even made a cool Halloween playlist for me to put up. Isn't she the greatest? This picture is from her birthday. She had to make her own cake. I felt pretty bad, but it was really good.

The girls sure do love her. I'm still at the top of Adella's list, but Katie comes in at least third (usually). The other day she said something about how I was her favorite. We asked her who was second. She told us that Kayla was next. When she saw that Katie was surprised at that, she got an idea in her little head. We asked who was third and she looked around the living room. The first person-like thing she saw was a scarecrow. That was number three, then Katie was number four. Adella loves to trick us.

Speaking of tricking, I'm pretty sure that Kayla played a trick on me the other day. She likes to grab the vertical blinds at the back door. I tell her not to a lot, but she still does it. It must have something to do with the fact that she is only eight months old. Anyway, I saw her crawling over to them and she reached out her arm like she wanted to grab it. She didn't actually grab it, instead she turned to me with a big grin and waited for me to tell her no. She has actually done that a couple times since then. She is growing so fast, I don't think anyone will recognize her when we go back to Idaho for Christmas. I guess people will just have to come visit us. Hopefully my parents will be able to visit us the end of this month. They are going to North Carolina for Wyatt's (my nephew) baptism at the end of this month, and they want to be able to fly down and see us then too. We really hope they can get the time off, even if it's only for a day.

2 comments:

C & K said...

Hey I think your blog is awesome too...but I do have to agree that Katie is quite the catch!

natalie leavitt said...

Love the blog. I wish I could get my husband to post something on our blog...in my dreams maybe.
Hope school is going great for you.
Nat