Sunday, November 23, 2008

GOSH

This semester is quickly winding down. I have now turned in the two papers that I had to do, and my first final is tomorrow!!! I can't believe it's already here. After that I have three finals next week, and one the Monday following that. That is it. Two weeks from tomorrow I will be done with my first semester of optometry school. It has gone by really fast. The bonus point from donating blood will be nice also (we made it).

I have been spending a lot of time in the anatomy lab with the cadavers. Our first two lab exams for that class have been with pictures, not on the cadavers. Well, for the last unit they decided to change it up and give us a test with the gross cadavers. I think I should do fairly well on it. They are going to have a mini mock exam set up a couple days before so we know what kinds of things to expect.

Now for the reason I named this post gosh. That is Adella's new favorite word. She is so stinkin cute. She really says it all the time. If she eats something good she'll say, "Gosh, that was good." If she thinks something is funny, "Gosh, that was funny." The cutest (sometimes) is when she says it under her breath when we tell her to do something. Katie and I were talking about what people will think when we go home to visit. I mean if they will think she has changed at all. Kayla has obviously changed in the last 4 months, but we don't know if Adella has.

Kayla did the funniest thing the other day (and a couple times since then). She was sitting in the hall next to the wall. We started hearing a thud, thud, thud. I was wondering what the upstairs neighbors were doing when I noticed Kayla banging her head against the wall! You hear of kids doing that, but I didn't realize they actually did. Adella never did it. Adella and Kayla are different in a lot of ways though. Adella has always been pretty cautious. Kayla is not afraid of anything. We have had several close calls from her trying to crawl off the bed or couch. She is afraid of walking, so we're not sure she'll be walking by the time we go visit.

We have all been sick this past week. I think Adella and I got it first, then Katie. I'm pretty sure Kayla is just cranky from trying to get a tooth. We have all been miserable with stuffy (or snuffy, as Adella says) noses and bad headaches all week. Adella and I are definitely getting better, and I think Katie is too. It's no fun being sick when Katie can't take care of me. :)

Well, I can't think of anything else, and I don't have any new pictures to post, so I will say good bye until next week.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Gosh, cute blog! I love the picture at the top! :)