Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving & Black Friday

As we all know, this week was Thanksgiving! We only got off Thursday and Friday. My last two classes on Wednesday were cancelled, so I can't really complain. We were going to go to some friend's house, but their kids got sick. We ended up going to some other friends. It was a lot of fun. They have a girl who is a month older than Adella and one that is two months older than Kayla. It didn't really feel like Thanksgiving because we weren't with family, and it was way too warm. I didn't know that Florida celebrated the holidays in the summer!

We also decided to set up our Christmas tree. We had the windows open to keep it cooler in the house, but I was still sweating by the time it was up. As you can see, I was wearing shorts. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I've set up a tree in shorts!

I went to Walmart at 5:00 Friday morning. They had some good deals on some movies for Christmas. I got home a little after 6:00 and tried to go back to sleep. After everyone else woke up we all went to a couple more stores searching for great deals. I went out again on Saturday and it was still really busy. We did find some deals that were too good to pass up.

Here's a gross story. This morning Adella woke up and she was unusually happy. I went into her room because she had woken Kayla up. She was happy too, but needed to eat. I brought Kayla into our room and Adella followed. The girls were all sitting on our bed and I was getting dressed for church. Adella sounded like she was choking. I realized that she was about to throw up and hurried over to get her off the bed and to the bathroom. Well, I didn't even get her off the bed in time. It was so gross. I started cleaning it up and I was doing well until I smelled it. I started gagging, but the only thing that kept me from throwing up was knowing that I would have to clean it up! After she got cleaned up she was acting fine. She wanted apple slices for breakfast (who knows why), so she was eating one and suddenly threw up again! Katie took a turn cleaning it up while I tried to keep Kayla out of it. I ended up staying home from church with the girls. Katie had to go play the piano for the ward choir.

This was her punishment for making me clean up her mess. At least this way she'll throw up into the garbage can. Of course I'm only kidding. She wanted to help peel potatoes the other day. She really is a sweet girl. She seems to be doing much better now. I can't even get her to sit still.

There is now less than two weeks til we get to go back to Idaho! We are still really excited about it. It will be fun to be with family again. I just have to get through finals this week, and next Monday. I have been spending a lot of time in the anatomy lab looking at cadavers, so I feel pretty good about that exam. The rest of them shouldn't be very bad (I hope).

This is after one of Kayla's many times peeing without a diaper on. She absolutely loves the bath, and it's even better with mommy in too!

We bought a gingerbread haunted house after Halloween and had fun putting it together. Kayla got to try some of the black icing. This is what happened when we stopped giving it to her. She throws her head back a lot. Adella says she is drama, and she really is. Everything is like the end of the world with her. Adella and I finished decorating it while Katie fixed everything by...

giving Kayla a bath!!! You can fix almost anything with a bath!

As you can see, we have reached the (back) end of this blog. Isn't that the cutest little bum you've ever seen? Until next week!

1 comment:

Chris and Mel said...

Nate! i saw your blog on your facebook- had to come look :) what a cute little fam- especially when they're covered in throw-up! we just got over a two week bit of that- wahoo... come see us at www.movinandshakin.blogspot.com