Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

We had a couple really fun things happen this week. We took the girls trick or treating, and my parents visited! First I'll tell you about trick or treating. As you can see Adella decided to change her costume a little bit. She wanted to be a Cheetah Girl kitty this time. We went with a couple other people in the ward who have kids Adella's age. We just did a couple streets, then they were done. Nothing like how we used to run between houses and go home only to dump out our candy and go to another area. I am totally fine with that by the way.

It is different trick or treating here. I think about half of the houses we went to had people sitting out on their porch handing out candy. We didn't even wear jackets! I'm beginning to see some of the appeal of south Florida. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't outweigh the whole down side of hurricanes, not to mention the awful heat and humidity, but it has it's good points. When we got home I showed Adella how we would separate our candy into piles on the floor. She thought that was great! Oh, I almost forgot about this until I saw this picture. Adella was pretty tired when we got home. She sat down in her chair and just let her arms drop like she was too exhausted to move. It was really cute.

Earlier in the week we had my parents visit. That was a lot of fun for us. It was a really short visit, but we are glad they came. It was quite the adventure getting them. We got all loaded up in the van to go to the airport, and it wouldn't start. I was pretty sure it was a dead battery, so I started trying to find someone home to give us a jump start. I finally found someone who was home, and he actually used to work as a mechanic. He had a thing that can charge a battery, or jump a battery. He said it sounded like it was completely dead, and his machine said that too. He told us where he would go to get a new battery.

Anyway, we went and picked up mom and dad, then I had to go to class. Katie took them to the place that our neighbor had suggested, but they were really expensive. Mom called Costco and they had some for way cheaper. Instead of everyone going, my dad dropped everyone off and headed to Costco. They wouldn't let him buy it because it's my mom's name on the card. By this time I had gotten home from school and we all got ready to go to the beach, but first we went to Costco and got the battery.
We had a lot of fun at the beach. Grandma helped Adella make a sand castle. Katie sat Kayla in the sand this time. When we have gone other times, Kayla has been held the whole time. Of course she loved it, but she also kept shoving handfuls of sand in her mouth. Katie has a cute blog all about that. Check it out.

It was funny when we picked them up because Adella was very excited. Kayla, who faces backward in her car seat, saw them and started crying. She screamed the whole way home. She did finally get warmed up to them, as long as Katie was within view. We can't wait for December when we get to go home. I'm sure Kayla will really warm up to everyone within the three weeks we are there.

Just one more really cute story from today. Adella was playing with a flashlight in our closet while we were changing after church. I told her to stop because I would be upset if the batteries died. She gave it to Katie and said, "Mom, will you put this up somewhere I can't reach it? I don't want dad to get upset." I don't know when she started caring so much if I was upset, but evidently she does. Well, Katie gave me the flashlight and told me what she had said. Adella went into the bathroom to go potty. I went in there and sat the flashlight on the counter so I could help her. She got a little upset with me when I did that and told me she could still reach it there! What a sweet little girl I have. And here's a cute picture of Kayla, in case you thought I was forgetting about her.

She'll probably be walking pretty soon. She is really good at walking along the furniture. Oh, I just remembered this cute picture. I was reading Adella stories for bedtime, when Kayla crawled in. That isn't unusual, so I kept reading. The next thing I know, she is standing by the bed, but she was way too tall. She had somehow climbed on the step stool that was by Adella's bed.

Until next week...

No comments: