Sunday, November 9, 2008

No more exams until Finals!!!

Hooray! Last Monday was my last midterm exam. It was a pretty difficult exam in Biochemistry. Overall, I did pretty well. It is a relief that I don't have another exam until the Monday before Thanksgiving. I have two short papers that are due between now and then, but I am done with both of them. It's been nice to be able to stay home in the mornings. I have been going in to school and studying in the mornings. This week I have been able to stay home a little later and spend time with my girls.

This week we went to Ikea to get the girls a rug for their room. We had found this one there before and thought about getting it for Christmas or Adella's birthday. Well, we decided that was too long to wait. We went to the store and left Adella at the play area. You can leave them there for an hour and they give you a beeper in case they need you before the hour is over. She had a lot of fun until it was time to go. She couldn't find the picture that she had colored, and was heartbroken. Poor little girl. Anyway, we got home and unrolled it. She absolutely loved it! We told her that we could have a picnic for dinner. We had to have a picnic on the rug. It was a lot of fun. I got to sit with my feet in the ocean. She has had so much fun with it this week.

We went to the beach yesterday. It still feels like summer here. It has been getting into the 80's. The water has definitely gotten cooler, but I still get in. It's WAY warmer than the Oregon coast that we used to go in. We are getting used to having the beach close to us. It's going to be hard to have to move back and not have an ocean. Good thing that's not for a while. We'll just enjoy it while we have it!

So, we started a new tradition that we check out a family movie at the library (which reminds me of another story to tell in a second), and watch it together on Sunday afternoon. When we lived near our families, we would almost always spend Sunday afternoons with one of them. It is a lot of fun. Adella loves to turn the couch into a bed and have the whole family on it. It really is a fun tradition, and I think they are about to start without me.

Now for the library story! We were there on Friday afternoon and the fire alarm went off. Of course it was really loud. Adella doesn't like loud noises, so she was a little freaked out. We had to go out a back door. We explained about fire drills and she kind of thought it was neat. This happened shortly after we got there, so we hadn't picked anything out yet. While we were checking out it went of again! I guess they were working on it or something because the guard was telling people they didn't have to leave! I couldn't believe that! Now when there is a real fire, nobody will leave.

While we were outside the library we walked around the pond that is behind it to find big lizards. We have found them there before. This time we found a huge one. Of course we didn't have a camera. Maybe next time.

Well, they started the family movie without me, so I gotta go.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Cute blog honey! I love your new Thanksgiving background!